Still looking for Cresco memories
CRESCO - The Times Plain Dealer is still looking for memories of growing up in Cresco. Although most of the stories the newspaper has printed have been from the older generation, readers would also enjoy memories from all ages.
In commemoration of Cresco’s 150th anniversary and All-School Reunion in July 2016, graduates of Cresco, Notre Dame or Crestwood High Schools are asked to share some of their memories of Cresco.
Answer some or all of the following questions and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org, drop them at the Cresco office or mail them to 214 N. Elm, Cresco, IA 52136. Or you can call 563-547-3601 and the questions can be emailed to you.
• Graduation: Which School/Year
• Favorite teacher and why
• Something naughty you or a friend did (Did you get caught?)
• Greatest memory of elementary/primary/high school
• Activities you participated in
• Awards won during school
• After school work or fun
• Favorite businesses to visit as a kid and why
• Do you have a train story?
• Do you have a centennial story?
• Any memories of the skating rink, ice skating, bowling alley, outdoor/indoor swimming pool, church, Vernon Springs fun?
• Who/what made the biggest impact on Cresco?
• Who was one of the most influential people?
• Biggest changes from childhood to today in Cresco
• Any other random memories you have of “growing up Cresco?”
• Please send an old/new/family photo with the article