Cresco Council adopted CIP project list thru 2027
Wed, 02/01/2023 - 1:04pm admin
Marcie Klomp ~ News Editor firstname.lastname@example.org
CRESCO - At the Jan. 23 bi-monthly meeting of Cresco City Council, members adopted the annual project list update to the Capital Improvements Plan, 2022-2027.
Those projects and the years they are to be started/completed include:
Completed by FY2025
~ Downtown Crosswalks & Sidewalks ($790,300) Streets Dept.
~7th St. West ($3,070,00) Streets
~ Big Water Tower ($784,000) Water Utility
~ Fire Tanker Truck ($385,000) Fire
• In other business, Gosch’s Plumbing and Heating was granted the Champlin Hall furnace and air conditioner project. The company’s bid of $14,706.74 was lower than the Cresco Heating and Vent quote of just over $15,000.
• Public Works Director Nate Widell reported he has received some calls about freezing water lines. As of Jan. 23, the water temperature was 43.5 degrees. “We typically don’t recommend people run their water to prevent freezing until it gets below 38 degrees.” At that time, residents can get a discount for running a small stream of water. Residents should call City Hall or watch the social media page.
K&W will inspect the smaller water tower in April before work starts on the big tower this spring.
• Council approved the resolution that authorizes Mayor Dave Brenno to enter into an agreement with Bolten & Menk for the Cresco Municipal Airport planning.
• Nathan Johnson from Access Systems gave a quote on copiers. Deputy Clerk Niki Hill said there were only three problems in five years with the current vendor, Marco. Council will vote on the copier vendor at the Feb. 6 meeting.
• Council approved entering into an amended agreement and fees with Hawkeye Sanitation for recyclable and non-recyclable waste collection services.
• Kris Omar and Dick Schorr were both reappointed to the Planning & Zoning Commission for a three-year term.
• Amy Bouska was reappointed to the Regional Housing Authority Board for a three-year term.
• Liquor, beer and/or wine permits were approved for Cuautla Jalisco II and Kwik Star #428.
• A street closing for portions of 2nd Ave. East for the Notre Dame School Lasagna Supper on Jan. 27, 2023.
• Owner Occupied Housing Contractor Request for Payment #1a-Electrical for $3,357.75 for Arlyn Skoda – Skoda Home Improvement was approved.
• A public hearing was set for the Feb. 20 meeting to vote on the proposed City Property Tax Levy for FY2024.
The next meeting will be on Monday, Feb. 6 at 5:30 p.m. at Cresco City Hall.