CPD officer is top cop
Fri, 11/25/2022 - 3:42pm admin
—Welper graduated best athlete
Marcie Klomp ~ News Editor firstname.lastname@example.org
CRESCO - Cresco City Council met for its regular meeting on Monday, Nov. 7. The majority of the meeting was learning more about the Downtown Crosswalk Reconstruction Project, which is in the Nov. 16 issue.
Police Chief Tim Ruroden was pleased to say that officer Blake Welper graduated from the academy with the Top Athlete Award.
In addition, the old K-9 car is being sold through Burke Auction.
• In other business, Public Works Director Nate Widell said the sludge will begin to be applied to land in the near future. Verizon will erect a monopole cell tower near the water tower on Hwy. 9 in 2023.
• City Clerk Michelle Elton is working on the budgets, special project and health insurance.
• Council approved the resolution authorizing Mayor Dave Brenno to enter into an agreement with WHKS for the Downtown Crosswalk Reconstruction Project.
• A sewer charge credit was approved for Legacy Gym due to a broken boiler that leaked water into the basement and not the sanitary sewer.
• Council approved work for the Airport Runway Drainage Improvements project.
• Darren Sikkink of WHKS gave a presentation on the 7th St. W. reconstruction special assessment project, and noted it would cost $265,000 if it was split into two smaller projects. Council voted to go forward with one project
Assessment rates for adjoining property will be tallied.
A public hearing will be held on Dec. 5 at 5:30 p.m.