Another fire in L.S. leaves woman homeless

LIME SPRINGS - On Monday, Jan. 16, less than 10 days after a family lost their home to fire, Candace Peterson also had  a house fire, at 381 Willard St.
Fire Chief Scott Osmundson reported, “It looks like the fire started from a corn stove chimney. The fire was in the north wall and went up into the rafters. The fire was contained. Most of the rafters were burnt heavily. Nobody was hurt.”
Peterson owns one dog and several cats. All of those survived as well. She was living with a friend for a few days after the fire.
There was mutual aid from Chester, Howard County Sheriff’s Office, Regional Health Services of Howard County Ambulance and Howard County Emergency Management.
There is a fund set up at CUSB Bank for donations.

Cresco Times

Phone: 563-547-3601
Fax: 563-547-4602

Cresco TPD
214 N. Elm Street
Cresco, IA 52136

Sign Up For Breaking News

Stay informed on our latest news!

Manage my subscriptions

Subscribe to Breaking News feed